CMBS Portfolio Manager
HYBRID OFFICE | CMBS | FULL-TIME
Erithmitic is a financial services platform reimagining Commercial Real Estate (CRE) lending. We are building a next-generation E2E CRE loan management and investment platform using modern technologies. Erithmitic's lending team can source, originate, and underwrite loans using the workflow suite directly within our ecosystem. Leveraging a variety of public and private data sources and machine learning techniques, the Company is able to generate new and useful insights in evaluating the unique risks and opportunities of each CRE transaction, allowing for better and more accurate pricing. Our team of experienced operators comes from a diverse set of backgrounds, from Microsoft to Goldman Sachs and Gusto. We just raised a $6M seed round, backed by two prominent venture firms: AlleyCorp and Tishman Speyer Ventures, and we're planning to grow!
Erithmitic is seeking a CMBS Portfolio Manager with a collaborative personality to lead the CMBS strategy rooted in a deeply quantitative process, rigorous due diligence, and unique perspective. This role will be responsible for investing proprietary capital.
- Produce high-quality risk-adjusted returns trading and investing in CMBS across securities
- Identify, filter, analyze, and execute transactions in the CMBS market
- Summarize detailed analysis and considerations for thematic trades and large structured transactions
- Refine and evolve processes for generating alpha through cusip selection, relative value, and capitalizing on market dislocations
- Develop and maintain frameworks for portfolio construction
- Build and maintain strong relationships with issuers, originators, and sell-side sales, trading & research teams
- Collaborate with the broader Structured Products investment, research, and quantitative teams
- Drive and contribute to materials for investor meetings
- Guide technology and modeling teams to develop and improve models and tools spanning risk management, workflow efficiency for securities and transactions filtering and analysis, and macro and micro factor scenario modeling
- Five or more years of experience in CMBS, and three or more years of experience in a trading or portfolio management function
- A well-articulated investment process and demonstrated track record of outperformance
- A firm understanding of the variety of structured products asset classes
- Ability to articulate complex ideas in a clear and concise manner
- Passion for markets and investing in CMBS
- Growth mindset towards business development
- Independence of thought, intellectual curiosity, a positive attitude, and an entrepreneurial nature
- Enjoys being an individual contributor within a highly collaborative team and embrace the benefits of overlapping lines of idea generation
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Experienced user of third-party platforms such as Bloomberg and Intex
- High personal integrity and ethical standards
- The ideal candidate has a strong Bachelor's or Master's degree in Economics, Mathematics, Statistics or other quantitative fields.
Erithmitic is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.